Established Uma Educational & Technical Society for providing Rehabilitation services to the poor and needy persons with disabilities. Started with 9 children a Residential School for Mentally Retarded Children in the name of “Uma Manovikasa Kendram”.
Started a day care Center with 20 Mentally Retarded children.
Community based Rehabilitation Programme started at Yeleswaram Mandal and later extended too many mandals in East Godavari District.
Opened a Special School for Mentally Retarded with Residential and Day Care facilities at Ongole, Prakasam District, A.P.
Opened 3 Crèche centers where there were no Anganwadi centers, under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Women & Child Development, New Delhi.
Aids & Appliances Fabrication unit established at UETS premises.
With the support of Andheri – Hilfe Bonn, Germany and CAPART, New Delhi, established Community Based Rehabilitation Programmes at Karapa, Kajuluru, Tallarevu, I.Polavaram and U.Kottapalli Mandals of East Godavari District, A.P.
- Vocational training Programmes started for Un-Employed youth with the support of functional vocational training forum, Bangalore.
- Sexual Health Project was initiated to create awareness and prevention of HIV/AIDS among the drivers and helpers who are migrating with the support of APSACS/NACO.
- Early Intervention Center for Special Need Children opened at L.B. Nagar, Kakinada with the support of Nagarjuna Fertilizers & Chemical Limited, Kakinada.
- Started Relief institution for mentally retarded children at Jagannaikpur, Kakinada with the support of National Trust, New Delhi.
- Care givers training course of Six months conducted to parents and workers with the support of National Trust, New Delhi.
- Opened a Girls Hostel for high school going girls from Far of places/villages to encourage education with the support of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Implemented integrated education for Disabled children at Govt. primary schools in 11 Mandals in this District with the support of AHB, Germany.
Community Based Rehabilitation extended to Jaggampeta, Rangampeta and Gandepalli Mandals with the Support of CEPART, New Delhi.
Established Samarth, a center based service to 30 persons with mentally retarded, Cerebral Palsy, Autism and Multiple Disability with the support of National Trust, New Delhi.
- Introduced 2 Years Diploma in Special Education (MR) Recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi.
- Sponsored as State Nodal Agency Partner (SNAP) for monitoring and implementing the programmes and activities of National Trust for the welfare of persons with Mental retardation, Cerebral Palsy, Autism and multiple disabilities in 10 Districts of Andhra Pradesh with the support of National Trust, New Delhi.
- Target intervention project among the migrants initiated to create awareness and prevention of HIV/AIDS at Kakinada and Peddapuram divisions of East Godavari Districts with the support of APSACS/NACO.
- Under MEPMA – IKP conducted empowerment programmes for Persons with Disability in municipal areas of East Godavari District.
- Implemented inclusive education for children with disabilities at secondary stage for studying 9th, 10th and Intermediate. 16 Centers in 7 Mandals in East Godavari District were covered with the support of Ministry of Human resources Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Under Caritas India, New Delhi and under the technical monitoring support of CER Forum, Bangalore, DLI/CBR Programme was started at Tallarevu mandal.
- Established an Early Intervention and Rehabilitation center at Tallarevu with the support of M/s Reliance Industries Ltd, KGD6, Gadimoga under CSR.
- CBR Programme established at I.Polavaram Mandal of East Godavari and Yanam of Pondicherry with the support of AHB, Germany.
- With the support of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India, New Delhi District Disability Rehabilitation Center (DDRC) was established.
- Conducted Capacity Enhancement on Census 2011 and Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 in Andhra Pradesh which was entrusted by Census of India, New Delhi.
- Started State Learning Centre for Deafblind, Andhra Pradesh with the support of DFID-GPAF and Sense International (India).
- Established Early Intervention and Rehabilitation Centre for Special Needs children at Yanam, Puducherry UT.
Introduced 2 Years Diploma in Special Education (HI) (Recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi.
District Disabled Peoples Organization is formed under the supervision of Uma Educational and Technical Society, Kakinada with the support of CBR Forum, Bangalore through CARITAS India, New Delhi.
- Selected as Study Centre for Bachelor of Education Special Education (MR) in Distance Mode by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad.
- Started an Integrated Child Protection Scheme (Childline 1098) at Yanam, Puducherry.
- Introduced 2 Years Diploma in Special Education (Deafblindness) (Recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi.
- Started a scheme Gharaunda – Group Home for Adults Intellectual Disabled, Cerebral Palsy, Autism and Multiple Disabilities at Kakinada with the support of National Trust, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi around 15 PWDs are getting rehabilitation through this home.
- Started Daycare Centre for Children with Intellectual Disabilities, Saluru, Vizianagaram District.
- Community Based Rehabilitation Services for Persons with Disabilities at Rampachodavarm Mandal, East Godavari District, A.P., with the support of Andheri-Hilfe-Bonn, Germany.
- Establishment of Wheel Chair Clinic with the association of Motivation India, Bangalore.
- Started a District Disability Rehabilitation Centre, (DDRC),West Godavari at Eluru with the aegis of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, Department of Empowerment of PwDs.
State Nodal Agency Centre (SNAC) is the institutional arrangements of the National Trust at the State/UT levels to support and take forward its activities. One SNAC in every State/UT is appointed from amongst the reputed and well established NGOs registered with the National Trust. Our organization has been selected as a State Nodal Agency Center (SNAC) for Andhra Pradesh for a period of three years from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2023.