DEAFBLIND STATE CENTRE (DbSC) formerly known as State Learning Centre (SLC) is one of the projects run by UMA EDUCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SOCIETY among the many projects. It is the only Centre in AP state providing services to the Deaf blind from the last 14 years with the support of SENSE INTERNATIONAL INDIA and APPI (Azim Premzi Philanthropic Initiatives).
his project is an exclusively meant to provide Rehabilitation services to persons with Deafblindness and MSI. DbSC has been providing special education and varied services through Centre based, home based and through community based by well qualified and well trained educators specialized in varied disabilities. We also support services to various NGOs, SSA/Bhavitha Centres schools and special schools within the state. DbSC has been taking the initiatives in identification, screening, clinical and functional assessment (vision and hearing), early screening (baby screening) in collaboration with Sri Kiran Eye Hospital and Government General Hospital.
- To create awareness on Deafblindness throughout Andhra Pradesh by conducting Seminars, Workshops and Training to Anganwadi teacher, NGOs, SSA IERTS ,Medical and Paramedical workers and to ASHA workers.
- To provide Special Educations, vocational and support services to all individuals with Deafblindness in collaboration with various NGOs, SSA and Special schools.
- To conduct awareness camps all over the state to identify individuals with Deafblindness
- To train and qualified more Professionals under Teachers Training Centre(TTC) in Diploma Special Education Deafblindness (D.Ed SE Db)
- To provide Rehabilitation services for Deaf blind persons.
- Comprehensive Clinical and Functional Assessment
- Medical and Therapeutic interventions
- Special Education
- Support services to another NGOs, SSA and Special schools for children with deafblindness .
- To Provide Centre and Home Based Service
- Providing Assistive Devices and Aids and appliances
- Counseling and Guidance
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Parents Training
- Orientation and Mobility Training
- Providing Medical and Nutritional support.
- Providing IGA(Income Generation Activity)
- Teacher training - Diploma in Special Education Deafblind.
- Conducted CRE programs at various district for RCI registered professionals.