Community Based Rehabilitation programme is conducting at Rampachodavaram Mandal, East Godavari District which is a hilly and tribal area with the support of Andheri Hilfe Bonn, Germany. It is mainly focused on Health, Education, Livelihood, Social and Empowerment to persons with different abilities and to create awareness on disability, its causes, prevention, schemes, entitlements, advocacy & lobbying, promotion of VDPOs and empowering the differently abled persons.
Key Achievements are:
- 580 PwDs were found through survey & identification in 19 Panchayats.
- 62 PwDs were in need of SADAREM Certificates. Arranged to apply online for getting the same.
- 10 days training & orientation given to CBR Staff by Rehabilitation professionals of UETS staff and Sri Ramakrishna Surdeo, International trainer.
- 2 Training Programmes conducted on Psycho, Social Skills on Mental Health to CBR Staff and Caregivers.
- Orientation on Health facilities available at PHCs / CHCs crated to PwDs and their parents. 165 health and anganawadi staff has gained knowledge.
- 4 Awareness programmes on Prevention of Disability were conducted at Cluster level.
- 110 Special Needs children were given Home Based Training by CBR Staff.
- 8 Mass Awareness programmes were conducted on Health & Hyzine at Village level.
- 28 Special Needs Children were promoted to Anganwadi’s, Primary and Secondary Schools.
- 2 Orientation & Training Programes were conducted about the importance of Special
- Education and enrollment of Special Needs Children in normal schools. About 53
- Teachers have participated.
- 20 PwDs were given skill training programme for getting Livelihood opportunity and to support for self-employment.
- 162 PwDs were made them to work under MGNREGS.
- 358 PwDs are getting Social Security Pension.
- 24 VDPOs were formed with 227 PwDs promoted as member.
- 39 PwDs could get accessible assistive devices.